Ways to Learn
- 3-Years Full Time
- Part-Time Option Available
- 91 Units
- Evening Option Available
This Program is Now Available at NU
The MA in Counseling Psychology – Holistic – Depth and Transpersonal Psychotherapy Specialization program has been relocated to JFK School of Psychology at NU. To learn more, visit the new program page.
Depth Psychotherapy seeks to understand the role of dreams, imagination, archetypes, myth, and ritual in fostering psychological and spiritual well-being. Transpersonal psychology seeks to unite the spiritual, psychological, and social aspects of human experience, drawing from contemporary Western psychology as well as from the world’s spiritual traditions. The Depth and Transpersonal Psychology Specialization investigates the links among the psyche, spirit, body, culture and develops students’ ability to conceptualize psychological complexes within the context of the clinical relationship.
- Integrates psychoanalytic, Jungian, humanistic and psychodynamic perspective with spiritual aspects of human experience
- Focuses on therapist's’ presence and authenticity and trust in client’s innate inner guidance
- Utilizes meditation, breath awareness or imagery methods
- Views emotional dysfunction as an opportunity for growth
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL COUNSELING (LPCC) SPECIALIZATION
The following courses are required for the LPCC specialization. These 10 specialization units along with the 91 core units of coursework, fulfill requirements for the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology Holistic degree with a Specialization in Depth and Transpersonal Psychotherapy.
Note: Total Units of Depth Psych Master Courses = 8