The Bachelor of Arts in Management major is a traditional business degree program designed for individuals desiring to gain the knowledge, skills and perspectives that will enable them to become effective managers in an organization or business.
Ways to Learn
- 120 Semester Units
Upon completion of your program, you’ll have the skills and expertise needed to:
- Use a portfolio assessment and data analysis to measure organizational strengths, needs, and outcomes necessary for success in a competitive environment
- Apply a variety of organizational and business leadership strategies based on changing contexts in economic and operating situations
- Demonstrate sound principles and practices in business law and ethics
- Apply a working knowledge of the principles and practices of managerial economics and finance, human resource leadership, strategic planning, marketing, public relations, and business development
- Demonstrate mastery of balanced reasoning and analysis using research methodology and depth and breadth of degree program knowledge in a business plan-related capstone project
Why Choose JFK University?
Since 1965, John F. Kennedy University has been providing higher education to lifelong adult learners in the Bay Area and beyond. Here are just a few benefits of enrolling at JFK University:
- Private nonprofit university
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Campus, online, and FlexCourse℠ on-demand online programs
- Locations in Pleasant Hill and San Jose, CA
- Experienced faculty who are practitioners in their fields
- Service learning and internship opportunities
It’s About Tradition
It’s About Tradition
John F. Kennedy University is an accredited nonprofit institution that has been preparing working adults to advance their careers and communities for over 50 years. Offering a variety of innovative, flexible degree programs, we make it possible for busy adults from various walks of life to realize personal and professional growth. We’re committed to providing the full range of support each student needs to change their lives and communities for the better.
The best way to make a change is getting a
– Mark, John F. Kennedy University College of Law Student
Transfer Pathway from California Community Colleges
Are you currently completing your associate’s degree and seeking a head start on your bachelor’s? JFKU offers direct transfer pathways from California Community Colleges to our BA Management program. This pathway offers:
- Guaranteed admission for an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) student who meets admissions requirements
- Guaranteed minimum 60 semester/90 units transferred (we waive all general education units)
- Guaranteed start at junior standing
The Bachelor of Arts degree requires a minimum of 120 semester hours of study. Students in this program must complete 54 units of core General Education courses, 42 units within their chosen major, and 24 units of courses from an academic concentration. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 units of study at JFKU Online powered by FlexCourse℠. The Below listed curriculum covers the 42 semester units from the academic major.
- General Education Requirement - 54
- Major - 42
- Academic Minor/Concentration - 24
- Total Semester Units - 120