Intersession: Get Ahead in Your Program by Enrolling in a Four-week Intensive Course
- To learn more about the course offerings for Intersession 17/18, go to www.jfku.edu/intersession
- Registration is now open! – To register go to https://www.jfku/edu/login/ – SOAR Student Portal – Search for Classes – 2017 Fall Quarter – Additional Search Criteria – Session – Intersession – Search
- Questions? Read the Intersession FAQ’s or contact AcademicCounselor@jfku.edu
This Week at the Writing Center
- Workshops- APA Basics: Avoiding Plagiarism and Using APA with Confidence
- Pleasant Hill Campus- Monday, November 6, 2017, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm in Room N364
- Berkeley Campus- Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm in Room 209
- San Jose and online students – attend the sessions online by accessing the Writing Center Virtual Office at the time of the sessions.
- The Writing Center has a blog! Check out the Wordpecker’s Blog for great tips on writing and student success.
Do You know Your New SOAR Student ID? Get Your ID Issued in Just 10 Minutes
- All current students, staff, and faculty who joined the JFKU community before the Fall quarter have been assigned a new nine-digit university ID number. If you do not know your new ID number, you can find the information in SOAR or speak with your academic counselor.
- Get your photo taken and student ID issued at the Office of the Registrar during their regular office hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- The library is part way through transitioning to the new SOAR ID numbers. Follow the instructions below to check out materials at the library until the transition is complete.
- Use your new SOAR 9-digit ID number to check out, renew, or place holds on print books and videos. For e-books and journal article databases, continue (for now) to use your old ID number and last name to log in online.
- If you have any questions or need help accessing library resources, please contact your JFKU library:
- Fisher Library circulation desk at 925-969-3100
- Berkeley LRC at 510-647-2048
- San Jose LRC at 408-236-1108
Visit the Newly Expanded Student Lounge on the First Floor at the Pleasant Hill Campus!
Blackboard’s Student App
Did you know you can access you grades, course content and more from your phone with the BlackBoard App?
Pick up a Campus event Calendar in the lobby, Success Center, student lounge and other locations around campus for a complete list of events. Here are some highlights.
DeepTok Interactive Webinar: Leading, Yourself and Others
Learn practical skills to increase your ability to lead and build your network.
Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm at the Undergraduate Success Center, Room 228 or join online.
Email HSI@jfku.edu to RSVP.
November’s Thursday Soapbox
John F. Kennedy University Lecture and Event Series Thursday Soapbox, continues the tradition of hosting cutting-edge thinkers and practitioners from around the world. Covering a wide range of topics of vital importance in today’s world, the “Thursday Soapbox Series” will bring together students, faculty, and interested members of the public to spread knowledge, spark dialogue and create a more informed, involved citizenry.
Thursday, November 9, 2017 – The Writings of Eckhart Tolle
Join JFK University Consciousness and Transformative Studies faculty Dr. Karen Jaenke and Dr. Charles Burack for an in-depth exploration of the writings of Eckhart Tolle, including his highly influential 1997 book, The Power of Now, which has sold over three million copies and has been translated into more than thirty different languages.
Upcoming Thursday Soapbox Events:
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 – The World of Dreams
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 – The Psychology of Virtual Reality 2.0
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 – Hearty, Healthy, Happy – Eating with Awareness During the Holidays
Visit jfku.edu/events for more information.” RSVP preferred. All Soapbox events start at 7:00 pm and are at the Pleasant Hill campus unless otherwise noted.