Book an Appointment with your Academic Counselor!
Make sure you are on track with your degree requirements and course plan! Booking an appointment with your Academic Counselor can be done online:
- Go to https://www.jfku.edu.login – BlackBoard – Office of Student Experience – Meet your Counselor
- Questions? Contact AcademicCounselor@jfku.edu. For accounting questions contact the accounting office at email@example.com or call 925-969-3160 and leave a detailed voice message.
Registration is Open for Service Learning Courses
Students who have not yet satisfied the university’s service learning requirement and have SVL4000 or SVL5000 on their degree plan may register for these courses now. If you aren’t sure which course you need to take, please reach out to your academic counselor at AcademicCounselor@jfku.edu. Dr. Sheila Bliss Duffy, Service Learning Coordinator is available at 925-969-3346 or firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions you may have. There are exciting opportunities for community service awaiting you!
Tutoring Schedule – Legal Writing & Computer/Statistics-Math
Tutors are available on-call/by appointment at the Undergraduate Success Center, Room S228 at Pleasant Hill, or online via a Virtual Room at the times and days specified below.
- Legal Writing Tutor: Lisa U’Ren – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Saturday – 9:00 am – Noon.
- Computer & Statistics/Math Tutor: Jesus Milian – Monday – Thursday – 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
To book an appointment go to BlackBoard – Office of Student Experience – Undergraduate Success Center – Tutoring Services. Follow the steps to sign up and book an appointment online.
For questions or if you have a time conflict, please email email@example.com and we will try to accommodate a time that works for you.
Textbook Lending, Equipment Lending Library & Professional Development
Come visit us at the Undergraduate Success Center, Room S 228, Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or visit our page on BlackBoard under Office of Student Experience to take advantage of our services:
- A Student Lounge equipped with adjustable desks, computers, copy machine, color printing, and a color book scanner
- Need-based Equipment Lending Library- Check out a laptop, tablet, or voice recorder this Winter Quarter
- Textbook Lending Library for BA Legal Studies, Paralegal Certificate and BA Psychology programs
- One-on-one Tutoring Sessions for Statistics/Math, computer use, and Legal Writing
- Professional Development Opportunities
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 925-969-4741. We look forward to hearing from you!
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group.
Upcoming Workshops at the Writing Center
- Workshop: Creating Powerful Paragraphs. Please sign up here to let us know you will be attending.
- Pleasant Hill Campus – Monday, February 5, 2018 – 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Room S202
- Berkeley Campus – Wednesday, February 7, 2018 – 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm – Room 209
- San Jose and Online Students – Attend the sessions online by accessing the Writing Center Virtual Office at the time of the sessions.
- Check out Carol Jameson’s latest blog posts at the Wordpecker’s blog with tips for time management and reading.
- Visit and like the Writing Center on Facebook for great tips on writing and student success.
The Berkeley campus library is looking for a work-study student to keep the library open on Saturdays from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. This could be a graduate or undergraduate student from any campus. You must be available to work regularly on Saturdays in Berkeley and eligible for financial aid. For more information contact Berkeley campus librarian Lisa Hubbell at email@example.com; with questions about job specifics or Mindy Bergeron at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about financial aid eligibility.
Inquire at the Financial Aid Office about listings for work-study students in other departments or contact the Office at email@example.com or call 925-969-3385.
11th Celebration of Scholarly Works – Call for Submissions
Each year, JFK University honors faculty, students, alumni, and staff who have made a scholarly or creative contribution in their field.
Students are invited to submit evidence of their scholarly or creative contributions. Those with eligible submissions will be recognized with a certificate and honored at a lunch event on May 10, 2018 from Noon to 2:00 pm at the Pleasant Hill campus.
For consideration: Submissions published, presented, or shown between January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017, will be considered for recognition. Submissions honored previously will not be eligible. Guidelines are available on the submission form.
The Submission form is available on library.jfku.edu.
Submissions are being accepted through February 12, 2018.
Thursday Soapbox Continues
John F. Kennedy University Thursday Soapbox continues this month with an expanded podcast format. Covering a wide range of topics of vital importance in today’s world, the “Thursday Soapbox Series” will bring together students, faculty, and interested members of the public to spread knowledge, spark dialogue and create a more informed, involved citizenry. Go to jfku.edu/events for the latest information.