Welcome??Danielle Adams!??New Sport Psychology Academic Counselor
Dr. Julie Cosenza did a sterling job guiding Sport Psychology students over the past three months. Thanks Julie!
Julie has now passed the baton to Danielle Adams. Welcome Danielle!
Danielle is based at the Pleasant Hill campus (Room S202) and she has a Virtual Office listed on her page on BlackBoard.She will be available for on-site appointments in Pleasant Hill, phone appointments and virtual appointments.
Students can contact Danielle at AcademicCounselor@jfku.edu or on her booking site by following the following steps:
www.jfku.edu/login – Office of Student Experience – BlackBoard – Meet your Counselor – Danielle Adams
Here’s a little bit about Danielle:
Danielle Adams is the Academic Counselor for MA Sport Psychology, Dual MA PsyD, and Dual MA/MBA. She recently completed her Masters of Coaching and Athletic Administration at Concordia University, Irvine. She completed her undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at San Jose State University. Danielle has worked as an academic advisor for three years, in which she has been instrumental in incorporating college and career??as an option for students at local high schools. She is currently a high school basketball coach and has coached at all levels for over 10 years.
- Master of Arts in Sport Psychology
- Certificate in Sport Psychology
- Master of Arts in Sport Psychology- Clinical PsyD Dual Degree
- Master of Arts in Sport Psychology-MBA Dual Degree
Writing Center Workshops in Pleasant Hill, Berkeley and Online
Carol Jameson and Joyce Young, Writing Center Consultants, will be teaching workshops on??Creating Powerful Paragraphs next week. Please??sign up here to let us know you will be attending.
- Pleasant Hill Campus ??? Monday, February 5, 2018 ??? 5-6 pm, Room S202
- Berkeley Campus ??? Wednesday, February 7, 2018- 2:45-3:45 pm, Room 209
- San Jose and online students ??? attend the sessions online??at the time of the sessions.
Check out Carol Jameson’s latest blog post at the ??Wordpecker’s blog: The Process of Reading: Try it!
Professional Development Seminar – DeepTok
Have you reached your limit? Not sure what keeps you going? Do you feel like you don’t belong in a group? ??Join us in the following DeepTok Speaker & Workshop Series: ???Soft Side??? of College: Grit, Relationships, Stress, Imposter Syndrome.
- Tuesday, February 20th 3:30pm-4:30pm at the Undergraduate Success Center, Room S 228 or join remotely!
- RSVP at HSI@jfku.edu to let us know if you would like to join in person or remotely.
All students (graduate and undergraduate) are welcome to join the workshop!
The Financial Aid office has posted all available work-study opportunities at JFKU under BlackBoard – Office of Student Experience – Financial Aid – Work Study. Current openings include:
- Library Assistant – Berkeley Campus
- Graduate Assistant – Counseling Psychology Department
- Administrative Assistant – JFKU Community Counseling Center
- Administrative Assistant – Registration Office
- Social Media Consultant – Legal Studies Department
- Graduate Assistant – Health Education
To apply follow the steps listed on the Financial Aid BlackBoard page or contact the Financial Aid Office email@example.com, 925-969-3385.
- Off-campus access to library databases and e-books has changed. If you are having trouble logging in, please contact the library at 925-969-3100.
- 11th Celebration of Scholarly Works ??? Call for Submissions
- Each year, JFK University honors faculty, students, alumni, and staff who have made a scholarly or creative contribution in their field. Students are invited to submit evidence of their scholarly or creative contributions. Those with eligible submissions will be recognized with a certificate and honored at a lunch event on May 10th, 2018 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm at the Pleasant Hill campus.
- For consideration: Submissions published, presented, or shown between January 1, 2016??? December 31, 2017, will be considered for recognition. Submissions honored previously will not be eligible. Guidelines are available on the submission form.
- The submission form is available on??library.jfku.edu.
Submissions are being accepted through February 12, 2018.
JFK University Career Services
JFK University Career Services Office provides current students and Alumni with tools to create pathways towards career success such as; identifying values and goals, resume, cover letter and interviewing skills.The Career Advisor will help you navigate transitions such as career change and required internships. Career Services include workshops, an annual Career Fair, and an Electronic Job Board.
- Weekly workshops:
- Career Services Job portal:
- Access via BlackBoard – Office of Student Experience – Career Services – Job Board
- Find opportunities from Bay Area employers including:
- The County of Marin
- Contra Costa County of employment
- RAD Law Firm (San Jose)
- Anka Behavior Group
- UpLift Family Services
Contact Matt Harris, Career Advisor at (925) 969-3462 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you ever wondered about different areas that get in the way of helping you succeed in school? ??Have you taken time to reflect on your strengths and how to best utilize them to reach your academic goals? ??If this sounds familiar, the Undergraduate Success Center has an awesome opportunity for you!
With support from your Academic Counselor, the SuccessNavigator Assessment is designed to provide you with tips and tools to help you succeed in college by measuring your strengths and challenges in a variety of areas.This assessment tool is FREE and available to all undergraduate students.Please contact Rodrigo Bonilla at AcademicCounselor@jfku.edu for more details!
National Latina/o Psychological Association 2018 Conference
The National Latina/o Psychological Association (NLPA) is a national organization of mental health professionals, academics, researchers, and students whose objective is to generate and advance psychological knowledge and foster its effective application for the benefit of Latinas/os.The upcoming conference is being held in San Diego, CA from October 18th- October 21st.Dr. Matthew Mock and Dr. Alejandrina Estrada are currently looking for students to assist them with presentations.Final call for proposals is February 1st! ??Please contact Dr. Matthew Mock (email@example.com) or Dr. Alejandrina Estrada (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
John F. Kennedy University’s Thursday Soapbox,??continues this month with an expanded??podcast format. Covering a wide range of topics of vital importance in today’s world, the “Thursday Soapbox Series” will bring together students, faculty, and interested members of the public to spread knowledge, spark dialogue; and create a more informed, involved citizenry. Go to jfku.edu/events??for the latest information.
Latino Speaker Series – The Language of Leadership
Join us for the latest installment of the Latino Speaker Series to raise awareness and gain a powerful new command over the most vital tool in your leadership kit. This hands-on professional development seminar will feature a presentation and Q&A session with Lori Nishiura Mackenzie and Dr. Melissa Victoria Abad of the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University. Participants will have the opportunity to take a critical look at their own use of language and walk away with a transformed approach to their words.
Looking Up Your Grades and IDs on SOAR
For ID look-up:
- Login to your SSO account (www.jfku.edu/login) – click on SOAR
- Select ???My Secure Message Center??? under ???JFKU Resources???
To check your grades:
- Login to your SSO account (www.jfku.edu/login) – click on SOAR
- Select ???Student Center??? under ???JFKU Resources???
- Click the drop-down menu on the left-hand side, select ???Grades???
JFK University’s 2017-2018 Academic Catalog
The 2017-2018 General Catalog has been published! The Catalog is available to read online or download as PDF on the JFK University website.
- Click here to view the JFK University Catalog 2017-18.
- Click here to view the JFK University Juris Doctor Program Catalog 2017-18.