Welcome to new and returning students to the Spring Quarter, 2018!
If you are a student that is returning to JFK after taking a break, join us at the Online student orientation to learn more about JFK University’s resources and services.
Wednesday, April 4, 6-7pm
Thursday, April 5, 12-1pm
Online via Zoom (RSVP to receive the Zoom link)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Step-by-Step Guides – Register for Classes, Make Appointments and More
Check out these helpful guides and tutorials with answers to frequently asked questions to help you get on board for Spring Quarter:
- Student Single Sign On Activation Job Aid ??? step by step guide to the JKFU Student Portal
- New Student Frequently Asked Questions FAQs ??? find answers and contact information for 28 commonly asked questions about how to navigate and access resources and services as a student at JFK University
- How to Register for Classes – in 11 steps
- How to find Course Syllabi on BlackBoard – step by step guide
- How to Order Course Readers on Copy Central ??? step by step guide
- How to Look Up Your Grades and IDs on SOAR ??? step by step guide
- How to Book an Appointment with Your Academic Counselor ??? step by step guide
- How to Book an Appointment with a Writing Consultant ??? step by step guide
- How to Borrow Equipment from the USC Lending Library ??? step by step guide
- Managing Your JFKU Account Online ??? step by step guide and contact information for the Accounting Office
- How to Book a Tutoring Appointment ??? step by step guide
Rodrigo Bonilla, Legal Studies and BA Psychology academic counselor, explains what you need to do to register on this Facebook live video!
Remember to Petition for your Degree
Petition for degree forms are posted on BlackBoard under Office of Student Experience – Registration Forms??
Here are a few options for submitting the form and payment:
1) Bring the completed form to the Accounting Office at the Pleasant Hill campus along with a check or credit/debit card to pay the required fee.
The Accounting Office is located on the Pleasant Hill campus, second floor, RM 225. Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm; Friday 9am-5pm
2) Mail a check and the completed form to the Accounting Office. Make the check payable to John F. Kennedy University:
3) Complete the form and scan it to the Accounting office email: Accounting@jfku.edu
You can call to make a payment over the phone with a credit/debit card: 925-969-3160
College of Law
Thursday May 31st, at 6:30pm
Lesher Center for the Arts, 1601 Civic Dr, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
College of Psychology, College of Business and Professional Studies and BA Legal Studies
Saturday, June 23, at 12pm (Ceremony begins promptly at 1pm)
Paramount Theater of the Arts, 2025 Broadway, Oakland, 94612
Details on how to obtain tickets, accessibility considerations, and purchasing regalia will be sent to all students through the SOAR Message Center.
Spring Quarter Tutoring and Writing Center Schedules
Tutors are available on-call/by appointment at the Undergraduate Success Center, room S228 at Pleasant Hill, or online via a Virtual Room at the times specified below.
????????????? Legal Writing Tutor
??????????? Lisa U???Ren: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 5-7pm, Saturdays 9am -12 pm.
????????????? Computer & Statistics/Math Tutor
??????????? Jesus Milian: Mondays through Thursdays 5:30???6:30pm.
To book an appointment go to BlackBoard ??? Office of Student Experience ??? Undergraduate Success Center ??? Tutoring Services.
April Writing Center Workshops
Workshops: Process of Writing and Research Paper. Please sign up here to let us know you will be attending.
- Pleasant Hill and San Jos??
- Monday, April 16, 5-6pm, ZOOM and Rm. S 202
- Monday, April 30, 5-6pm, ZOOM and Rm. S 202
- Berkeley and San Jos??
- Saturday, April 18, 2:45-3:45pm (in person), 6-7pm, (ZOOM)
JFKU in the Community
JFKU students make news!
San Jose Holistic Counseling students make a positive impact in the community.
Pam Costa (MA Holistic Counseling student) is the founder of Down to There guiding individuals and couples to explore intimacy in their relationships. Costa will speak at the TedxPaloAlto Talk to share her knowledge about female sexual health.
Nechama Shaina Langer (MA Holistic Counseling, alum class of 2016) teaches sex education at the Oakland Hebrew Day School under a holistic psycho-spiritual approach. Read more about her work here.
Lucy’s Office of Student Experience (Virtual) Information Booth
Monday-Thursday, April 9-12, 3:30-4:15pm and 6:15-7pm each day
Look for the Lucy booth at the Pleasant Hill lobby or log in to ZOOM at the times specified above (email email@example.com to request a link)
Lucy is ???IN???. She will tell you everything you need to know about the Office of Student Experience services and resources in place to assist you. You can also reach Lucy by email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ancestral Foodways for Health
Saturday, April 28 1-2:30pm; Room S 209
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill, California CA 94705
Please RSVP to email@example.com
One of the primary ways that we interact with our environment is through the foods that we eat. Join tribal nutritionist and JFKU MA Health Education Professor, Paula Szloboda, to learn about the physical benefits of heirloom foods and how we derive social and emotional nourishment from ancestral foodways.
We will include resources for how to explore your own indigenous traditions and tastes of indigenous dishes from the Southwest to enjoy.
This event is co-sponsored by JFK University’s MA Health Education program and the Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) Grant as part of the ??A Cocinar! Series (Award # P031S150009)
Harlem Wizards LEAP Fundraiser
Sunday, April 29 1-3pm
425 Castle Rock Rd. Walnut Creek CA 94598
The Harlem Wizards are returning to Northgate High School for the second year in a row to do loops and alley-oops around your local teachers and administrators.
The LEAP Program empowers its kids by hooking them up with the very same mental skills training and support that sport psychologists offer their athletes, and that can affect powerful shifts both on the field and off.
Hosted by the John F. Kennedy University Sport Psychology Department.
Bring your friends and family to this fundraiser to support mental health among youth in your community. To purchase tickets, click here.