As you begin, your new adventure at JFK University in the Legal Studies program, we want to share what we wish we had known when we began our first-quarter.
- Create an academic calendar to keep up with due dates.
- Try and stay ahead of the work/studying. Don’t procrastinate or wait until the day it’s due.
- Complete every assignment. They help you to understand the material so much better.
- Show up to class!
- Time management! Start homework right away.
- Block out two/three, time slots per week to study/complete assignments. Buy a calendar and enter, all assignments and due dates.
- Do the homework immediately!!!! Do not wait until the day before to do it.
- Read all activities and assignments ahead of time. Print them out and put the due date at the top of each. Set an alarm on your phone for each.
- Do not miss class or an assignment. Ask plenty of questions.
- Stay on top of work and reading. Make sure to pay attention to the syllabus/Blackboard for deadlines.
- Study, study, study, and study. Oh, and one more thing, turn everything in!
- Do all assignments on time, even it if is mostly not correct. Anything is better than not receiving credit.
- Pay close attention to keywords from the syllabus, blackboard, instructors, and TAs. Heed their suggestions to be successful.
- Stay on top of it!
- Read chapters in advance and turn in complete drafts.
Best of luck beginning your adventure!