About JFK University Community Counseling Centers
For more than 35 years, John F. Kennedy University has provided affordable counseling services to local residents at its Counseling Centers in the Bay Area. The Centers’ mission is twofold: to offer compassionate, affordable community support for children and families, and to effectively educate and train future counselors through hands-on experience which is supervised by licensed practitioners.
These Counseling Centers, located in Concord, Oakland, and Sunnyvale, provide high-quality, affordable, and confidential mental-health services to individuals, children, and families who might not otherwise be able to get the support they need. These services are provided by graduate students in psychology degree programs, under the supervision of licensed professionals.
Graduate students also work directly on public school campuses in these three geographic areas to provide school-based counseling for at-risk students who are struggling with mental and behavioral health issues.
The Centers are nonprofit 501(C)(3) educational and charitable psychological treatment centers, supported by client fees, grants, funds raised by special events, and private donations.
The mission of the JFK University Community Counseling Centers is to provide high-quality, affordable, outpatient mental health and psycho-educational services to the community. In addition, the Centers exist to provide in-house, highly-supervised training for JFK University students seeking professional licensure as licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed professional clinical counselors, or licensed psychologists.
Our Vision for the Future
We envision a future in which the Community Counseling Centers will:
- Be the preferred provider for mental health and wellness services
- Lead the effort to prepare the next generation of behavioral healthcare practitioners
- Be known for delivering culturally appropriate and responsive mental health, wellness, and psycho-educational services
- Partner with primary healthcare providers and clinics to deliver integrated behavioral health services to our communities
- Be a leader and a game changer in the health and wellness space