Request Information

Please complete the form below, and an admissions advisor will contact you shortly.

844 890-6912

Apply Now

Take the next step to reaching your educational goal at JFK University. Start your application online for our undergraduate and graduate programs, including the PsyD program. Note: The College of Law has a separate application form and process which can be viewed here. Continuing Education registration information is available here.

Apply Now

Open House

Explore our programs and discover the personalized attention we offer by attending an open house or information session held at one of our convenient campuses or online. Take advantage of the opportunity to talk with faculty one-on-one, meet students, get valuable financial aid information, and even sit in on a class afterwards.


Financial Aid FAQ


What is JFK University's federal school code?
Our school code is 004484-00.

What if I did not originally list JFK University on my FAFSA?
You can go online to or contact the Central Processor (1-800-4FEDAID or 1-800-433-3243) to request a duplicate SAR (Student Aid Report) be sent to John F. Kennedy University (school code 004484).

When do I apply for financial aid?
As soon as possible. Deadlines vary according to the type of award offered. Students who submit required documents by the deadlines published in the financial aid application materials will receive priority consideration for all available funds.

March 2 is the priority deadline for  Cal Grant A and B.
Loan applications should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office at least two to three months prior to the term of intended enrollment.

What is the maximum amount of financial aid I may receive?
The Financial Aid Office packages various forms of financial aid for which the student is eligible. While the amount of aid may vary depending on financial need and availability of funding, awards for undergraduate and graduate students may be made up from the following sources up to these annual maximums:

Undergraduate Maximum Aid Awards by Source

Pell   $5,815
FSEOG   $1,000
Cal Grants   $14,339
 JFK University Scholarships   $1,000
 Direct Loan - Subsidized    $5,500
 Direct Loan - Unsubsidized   $7,000
 PLUS Direct   (Parent Loan)*

* Parents may borrow up to the student's cost of attendance minus other financial aid the student is offered. These loans are credit-based.

Graduate Maximum Aid Awards by Source

JFK University Scholarship   $1,200
Direct Loan - Unsubsidized   $20,500
PLUS   (Graduate Loan)*

* Graduate students may borrow up to the student's cost of attendance minus other financial aid the student is offered. These loans are credit-based.

What is Verification?
Verification, or audit, is a process, initiated by the U.S. Department of Education or by the Financial Aid Office, requiring you to verify the information that you provided on the FAFSA. You are then required to submit signed copies of income tax returns and any other required documents to the Financial Aid Office.

If your application is selected for verification, you will not be eligible for federal aid until this process is completed.

About 30% of all financial aid applicants at JFK University are selected at random each year for verification when their application is processed. Other students are selected due to discrepancies or missing information on their application, after file review by the Financial Aid Office, or after your request for consideration of special/unusual circumstances.

The Financial Aid Office will notify you of the documents that you will need to submit to them in order to complete the Verification process.

To avoid unnecessary delays, please submit all required documents promptly. Also, be sure you have filled out the Verification Worksheet completely, and that all documents are signed by the appropriate parties. Documents with blanks and missing signatures will be returned!

How will I know what types of aid I will be receiving?
Once the Financial Aid Office has reviewed and verified (if needed) your application and received any additional information requested, you will receive an Award Letter from the Financial Aid Office. This will detail all aid for which you are eligible (grants, loans, scholarships) for the award year or which typically covers three terms.

How do I accept my award?
You will accept and/or decline your aid on your Award Letter and then sign and return it to the JFK University Financial Aid Office. You can drop the form off at the Financial Aid Office in Pleasant Hill; mail it to us at:

John F. Kennedy University
ATTN:  Financial Aid Office
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

Or fax it to the JFK University Financial Aid Office at: (925) 969-3390 or email to:

Since financial aid may not cover my entire living and educational costs, what else can I do?
Keep in mind that the purpose of financial aid is to bridge the gap between educational cost and a student's resources; it is not intended to directly provide money for living expenses. To cover these costs, many of our students apply for scholarships and seek employment, as well as look at ways to reduce living expenses by sharing a place with relatives or friends.

What is the Cost of Attendance?
The average annual costs determined to be necessary to attend JFK University include tuition, books, fees, room and board, transportation, etc. and are subject to change annually.

The Nine-Month Student Expense Budgets are based on the California Student Aid Commission Student Expense and Resources Survey (SEARS) data and are updated for three years of inflation using the September Estimated California Consumer Price Index.

How is my Expected Family Contribution (EFC) determined?
The EFC formula applied to your information is determined by the federal government based on your FAFSA application. It considers the income and assets that you have (and that of your spouse if married, parent if dependent), number in household, number in college, and your state of legal residence.

What steps do you follow to determine my eligibility?

The formula to determine eligibility is:

    Cost of Attendance
Less   Expected Family Contribution
Less   Other Financial Aid
Equals   Financial Need

Why can't you tell my spouse, parents, or outside agencies what kind of aid I have been awarded?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (also known as the Buckley Amendment) limits access to educational records without expressed written consent. If you wish to have someone else speak to us on your behalf, you will need to submit a signed authorization form.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid each year?
Yes. However, once you have filed a FAFSA, you may be able to file a Renewal FAFSA the next year. It will not be nearly as complicated the second, third, or fourth time around.

What is an Entrance or Exit Interview?
An Entrance or Exit interview or loan counseling session is required before your federal loans are initially disbursed and after you cease being enrolled as a half-time student (undergraduate = 6 units; graduate = 4.5 units; law student = 3 units).