Exploring and collecting relevant information will help you make better career-related decisions and enable you to conduct a more efficient job search.
The Career Center offers a number of resources to assist you in this effort. Contact the Center at (925) 969-3542 or email@example.com to find out how you can put these resources to work for you today.
As part of the career exploration process clients often find it helpful to use career-related tests to clarify their goals. These tests are both standardized and non-standardized instruments that assess career interest, skills, values and personality.
Career Resource Library
The Career Resource Library is a collection of reference books, directories, periodicals and newspapers related to careers, employers and the job search process. At the resource library you can:
- Review current lists of industry specific websites
- Research careers and industries
- Take charge of your own professional development by using a variety of books, periodicals and the Internet
- Explore self-employment options by discovering the resources and organizations that can assist you
- Use the library's computer to search the Internet
- Explore continuing education and retraining opportunities in the Bay Area
- Located at the Pleasant Hill Campus, 3rd Floor in room N369
A well-written, targeted and correctly formatted resume is the most important tool for a successful job search. Get the help you need preparing your resume or cover letter at the Ready-Made Resumes website. This site is only available to JFK University students and alumni. Forgot your password? Call or email the Career Center to retrieve it.
Alumni Career Connections Network
The JFK University Career Center and the Office of Alumni Relations have developed a network of alumni who are interested in sharing information about their work with students and alumni. Individuals interested in using the network as a resource, as well as alumni who would like to be advisers, are welcome to participate.