Academic Support Center Services
What we do
- Help any student with writing tasks, brainstorming and study skills
- Assist you to identify challenging trends in your writing
- Help you to know your strengths and areas for growth as a writer
- Treat all students and their work equally and confidentially.
What we don’t do
- We do not “fix” papers or revise them for you, we will help you revise them and learn to find patterns of usage, punctuation, grammar, or sentence structure that are problems for you
- We will not write your paper for you
- We do not guarantee grades
- Let us know the assignment you’re fulfilling and what you’d like to focus on in the session.
- Do not disturb instructors while they are in session by calling out or interrupting. If there is no one available to help you please sign our appointment request sheet at the front desk; you may also leave a voicemail or an email.
- Notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you must cancel or change an appointment time.
- Please know that if you have 3 last minute (under 24 hours) cancellations or no shows you will be removed from all future appointments and will be unable to use our services for the remainder of the quarter.
- Also know that if you are 10 or more minutes late for an appointment your spot will be given to someone else unless you notify us in advance.
- Inform us if you have a learning disability and need certain accommodations.
- Please do not require your entire class to see us. Our schedule is very full and we prefer that students come for a genuine need, not a class requirement.