Improving growth opportunities for minority business enterprises
The Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership (IEL) at John F. Kennedy University is now offering the Business Growth Acceleration Program (BGAP)—a six-month course that can be tailored to address the specific needs of the participating business owner, and the supplier diversity challenges experienced by existing minority business enterprises (MBEs).
For the duration of the program, a total of 11 lectures will be delivered online. In addition to the lectures, there will be two in person events; Kickoff Introduction and a two day Business Summit: Business Presentation.
The goals of the program are to:
- Support the creation or revision of a strategic growth plan.
- Assist in diversifying business offerings to address overdependence on a particular customer or product line.
- Provide introductions to potential suppliers and strategic partners.
- Offer one-on-one mentoring from practitioners experienced in overcoming challenges that entrepreneurs encounter.
- Challenge participants to identify areas of improvement for their business.
The coursework covers:
- The Power of Professionalism
- Business Growth
- Scenario Planning & Analysis
- Blue Ocean Strategy Application
- Market Research
- Key Partnerships
- Change Management
- Financial Growth Analysis
Since 2010, program participants have experienced an average year over year growth rate of 23% in annual revenues and an impressive growth rate in full-time personnel. Leading corporations have also chosen BGAP as part of their supplier diversity strategy. The Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership is considered a “growth accelerator,” offering practical entrepreneurship programs focused on the start and growth of business.
The program is open to owners and senior executives of minority business enterprises (MBE) that have been in business for a least one year, and with a minimum of $1 million in annual revenues.
For more information, please contact email@example.com