Mental Health Licensing and Supervision
The continuing education courses offered at JFK University are designed to help today's healthcare professionals keep pace with and stay abreast of the rapidly changing needs and developments in their fields. Our expert faculty-practitioners present a rare blend of theory and application on a diverse range of relevant and specialized topics that you can begin to apply immediately.
Our courses are accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS), and the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Child Abuse Assessment, Reporting & Treatment* (7 hr)
- Psychological Testing* (3 unit)
- Psychopharmacology* (3 unit)
- Spousal/Partner Abuse Assessment, Treatment & Intervention *(15 hr)
- Chemical Dependency Training* (15 hr)
- Crises and Trauma Counseling* (15 hr)
- 6-Hour Law & Ethics
- 6-Hour Ethics Training: Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls in Depth Psychotherapy
- Deepening Legal & Ethical Understanding in Professional Practice*(6 hr)
- Finding Balance: Legal & Ethical Issues of Boundaries & Privacy in Psychotherapeutic Services (6 hr)
- Law and Ethics in Clinical Supervision: Fundamentals
- Law and Ethics in Clinical Supervision: A Deeper Look
- Learning from Mistakes: What Malpractice Cases Teach Mental Health Professionals (3 hr)
- Spousal/Partner Abuse Assessment, Treatment & Intervention *(7 hr)
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Supervision
- 15-Hour Clinical Supervision Training Online*
- 6-Hour Clinical Supervision Training Online: Laws, Regulations and Supervision Basics*
- 6-Hour Clinical Supervision Training Online: Difficult Situations, Vicarious Traumatization, and Cross-Cultural Issues*
- 3-Hour Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Supervision Online*
- Child Abuse Assessment, Reporting & Treatment
For information about courses currently available, please visit the Course Calendar page.
We also invite you to explore the courses available through our Workshop Series and Certificate Programs, as well as our growing online course listing.