The CHCC Leadership Program has been developed in partnership with JFK University and the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) to improve the overall leadership and operational effectiveness of all CHCC Chamber Board Members and Operational Managers, and the Small Business Entrepreneurs they support as part of the CHCC and local Chamber mission. The ultimate beneficiaries of this program are the small business entrepreneurs and local economies that will benefit from the improved competencies, knowledge and skills of Chamber leaders and management in the areas of leadership, operational management and decision making.
The overall objectives of the CHCC Leadership Program are to:
- Develop overall awareness and capability of CHCC Chamber Board Members in their official Board capacity to more effectively lead their Chamber through sound governance, formulation of strategic plans, and effective use of Parliamentary Procedures to get work done.
- Empower Chamber Management and staff with a common set of skills, tools and processes that allow them to improve the overall day-to-day management of the Chambers they serve relative to the program, volunteer, marketing and communications management.
- Establish best practices and a common set of tools and techniques in the areas of financial management and fundraising to support the long-term sustainability of local Chambers.
- Expand knowledge, skills, and capability of Chamber leaders and members in the areas of leadership, ethics and entrepreneurship for the long-term sustainability of both the local Chambers and the CHCC.
CHAMBER LEADERSHIP COURSE
The Chamber Management and Operations Curriculum addresses key areas of focus, which are critical to properly managing a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. This includes:
- Democratic decision-making through the use of Parliamentary Procedures
- Strategic Planning
CHAMBER SUSTAINABILITY COURSE
The Chamber Leadership Development and Financial Stewardship Curriculum addresses key mission critical operational areas of focus. This includes:
- Financial Management
John F. Kennedy University, a non-profit affiliate of the National University System, offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs that prepare individuals for career success while also engaging the student in personal growth through a commitment to service. Founded in 1965, JFK University was among the first educational institutions in California to address the needs of adult, lifelong learners, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, JFK University is dedicated to preparing students to be effective change makers in the world, with a mission that recognizes its role in advancing the well-being of our diverse local and global communities.