Bachelor of Science Completion Program in Criminal Justice Leadership
Developed based on input from law enforcement professionals from across California, the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Criminal Justice Leadership (formerly the BS in Law Enforcement Leadership) is designed to prepare individuals to be successful in entering or advancing in the law enforcement profession.
Courses for the program are offered online. Online discussion forums, conference calls, and /or chats provide opportunities for student-instructor contact throughout the year and facilitate small group/team work.
Program Learning Outcomes
With personal and professional development as the background, the BS in Criminal Justice Leadership at JFK University offers law enforcement officers and those in related professions an opportunity to expand their academic and professional skills in these areas:
- Organizational behavior and strategic human resource management.
- Legal issues in law enforcement.
- The relationship among law, criminal activity, social issues, political systems, economics, and justice.
- Human psychology and the sociology of 21st century civic communities and their issues.
- Budgeting and financial management for organizational planning.
- Management and business information systems.
- Working with diverse populations and communities.
- Ethical and socially responsible law enforcement leadership practices.
- Management and team building.
- Communication and collaboration.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving.
The total units required for the degree is 180 units. The number of units required to complete the degree will vary depending on the number of lower and upper division transfer units; upper division units may be fulfilled with upper division electives available through the College of Undergraduate Studies.
Lower Division General Education Requirements (minimum 45 units)
Communications (9 units)
Humanities (12 units)
Math (3 units)
Natural Science (9 units)
Social Science (12 units)
Upper Division Requirements (76 Units)
Critical Thinking and Writing (4 units)
Information Literacy (2 units)
Collaborative Problem Solving (4 units)
Principles of Management (4 units)
Information Systems Management (4 units)
Budgeting & Financial Management for Public Sector - Introduction and Advanced (6 units)
Law and Social Justice (4 units)
Constitution, Supreme Court, and American Democracy (4 units)
Jurisprudence (4 units)
Principles of Administration and Law Enforcement (4 units)
Change Management: Contemporary Civic & Public Leadership (4 units)
Organizational Behavior (4 units)
Organizational Problems & Issues in Law Enforcement - Introduction and Advanced (8 units)
Organizational Structure, Culture, Politics & Change (4 units)
Social, Cultural, Political Issues in Business (4 units)
Electives - Organizational Collaboration (10 units)
Capstone Project (6 units)