The College of Law is admitting new students for the following terms:
Spring Semester 2016
- Application deadline - January 8, 2016
- Class begins - January 25, 2016
Fall Semester 2016
- Priority application deadline - May 15, 2016 Final deadline - July 15, 2016
- Class begins - August 15, 2016
To be considered for admission, an applicant must submit:
- a completed application form (see under "Downloads" on right side of page);
- a non-refundable $90 application fee;
- a personal statement;
- resume (recommended); and
- 1 - 2 letter(s) of recommendation (recommended).
You are strongly encouraged to submit all required application documents together in one envelope to the College of Law by the application deadline.
In addition to the requirements above, the applicant must also:
- register for the CAS (Credential Assembly Service) report at www.lsac.org;
- provide LSAC an LSAT score with writing sample, which will be sent directly to the College of Law via the CAS report; and
- send official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended directly to LSAC, which will then be included in the CAS report.
Because the College of Law does not accept official transcripts directly, it is imperative that the applicant register for the CAS report, in which these documents will be provided.
There are additional requirements for applicants with less than two years of college or university credit or who have prior law school experience.
The College of Law will request your CAS report once your application has been received. You do not need to ask Law Services to send these to us. Information regarding career experience, non-academic accomplishments, and special interests is welcome. Applicants may be asked to interview with a faculty member; a telephone interview may be arranged when necessary.
Applicants to the Juris Doctor program may be admitted with regular or special status, depending on prior education. Those applicants with prior law school credit may be eligible for advanced standing.
For more information contact:
JFK University Admissions Office
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523-4817
Admissions Counselor phone: (925) 969-3117