Holistic Health Education
The Holistic Health Education program reflects a cutting-edge understanding of theory and practice in health education from a holistic perspective, integrating body, mind, spirit, and community with a focus on promoting wellness.
The Holistic Health Education program strives to develop a cadre of health educators who promote and embody a holistic vision of health both professionally and personally, acting from the highest values, including:
- Professional ethics;
- Respect for diversity and commitment to access to health education for all;
- Interest in integrative approaches incorporating conventional and complementary and alternative (CAM) approaches;
- Desire to serve and to act as an agent of change;
- Active and responsible participation in our communities, local to global.
Graduates of the program work in wide variety of health-related settings, including:
- Health education in traditional healthcare, corporate, and academic settings
- Employee wellness programs
- Community health promotion
- Health communication
- Health and wellness coaching
- Entrepreneurship in health-related industries
- Social and health advocacy (non-profit organizations, etc.)
The program offers a 70-unit Master of Arts in Holistic Health Education at the Pleasant Hill campus.