PLEASANT HILL, Calif. – John F. Kennedy University’s Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership (IEL) has announced the appointment of 16 members to its Advisory Board. The Institute is a leading center in the San Francisco East Bay aiming to provide educational opportunities and mentoring to entrepreneurs and small businesses in the area. The Institute, based in downtown Concord, offers certificate classes and start-up offices for its student entrepreneurs. It also works with the University’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies in offering an Entrepreneurial Leadership specialization as part of the Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree program.
The 16 regional leaders represent world-class experience and expertise and bring a broad depth of entrepreneurial knowledge to IEL’s Advisory Board.
“Given the experience level of these individuals, we look forward to their significant contributions to our effort to build the finest organization possible to help train, mentor, and assist our local small businesses and entrepreneurs” said Dr. Raul Deju, Director of the Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership. “Their guidance and insight will add great value to our growth and will benefit IEL’s programs and its student entrepreneurs.”
The members appointed to IEL’s Board represent a broad group of disciplines, including:
- Steven Baiter, Executive Director, Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County
- Brian Banmiller, CBS News Business Anchor
- Debrah Cook, Chevron Global Partnerships and Programs
- Jeff Gray, CEO, Glue Networks
- Ron Leone, Mayor, City of Concord
- Tapan Munroe, Economic Advisor, Columnist, and Author
- Jill Osur, CEO, Impact2Solutions
- Larry Rockwell, Partner, Donahue Gallagher Woods LLP
- John Sanchez, CEO, Clean Industries, Inc. and a graduate of the IEL program
- Jennifer Schneidermann, Vice President, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- David Stith, Vice President and District Manager, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Mark Thompson, CEO, Virgin Unite Online Entrepreneurship Initiative, and bestselling Author
- Roger Werne, Industrial Partnerships Office, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Tim White, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager, Heritage Bank of Commerce
- Bill Wiersma, Founder and Principal of Wiersma and Associates
- Randy Williams, CEO, Keiretsu Forum, the world’s largest group of angel investors
For more information about John F. Kennedy University’s Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership, visit www.jfku.edu/IEL.
About John F. Kennedy University
Founded in 1964, John F. Kennedy University, an affiliate of the National University System, was among the first institutions of higher education in California committed to lifelong learning for adults. Today, the University’s three Colleges and Continuing Education division provide innovative higher education opportunities to more than 2,000 professionals who, despite a full range of life responsibilities, are determined to advance their education and improve their future. The Continuing Education division provides professional development education to more than 2,500 individuals per year. A pioneer of education that integrates theory and practice, John F. Kennedy University and its students touch the lives of more than 30,000 people in Bay Area communities every year through their support of outreach centers and public programs. For more information, visit www.JFKU.edu.
About the National University System
The National University System was established to meet the emerging challenges and demands of education in the 21st century. The System is uniquely aligned to connect a diverse population of students to a network of innovative educational programs that are relevant to their lives, careers, and the marketplace and are delivered in a format that respects competing life priorities. Dr. Jerry C. Lee has served as the System’s Chancellor since it was founded in 2001. In addition to John F. Kennedy University, the affiliates of the National University System are National University; National University International; the Division of Pre-College Programs consisting of National University Virtual High School and National University Academy; Spectrum Pacific Learning; and WestMed College. Entities related to the System include the National University System Institute for Policy Research, National University Golf Academy, and the Center for Integrative Health. For more information, visit: www.nusystem.org.