Entry Deadline - 2013 Digital Photo Contest
- Entry Deadline - 2013 Digital Photo Contest
- April 26, 2013
- Apr 26
2013 Digital Photography Contest
John F. Kennedy University's Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership (IEL) and Arts & Consciousness program invite photographers throughout the Bay Area to submit photos for the 2013 Digital Photography Contest. Photos taken by iPhones as well as digital cameras are welcome.
The top three photographs chosen will be displayed at the University's campuses in Pleasant Hill, Berkeley, and San Jose and the IEL facility in downtown Concord. In addition, the winning photographers will receive prints of their photos for their own display.
Who may enter
The contest is open to everyone. There is no fee to participate.
What may be entered
A maximum of five photographs per entrant may be entered.
Entries must be in high resolution digital format.
- Digital files must be of high resolution (300dpi, 5 megapixels or approximately 2800px by 2100px).
- For best results, we recommend capturing images at 5.0 megapixels or better. Digital photos must be high enough resolution to allow us to produce high-quality 16 x 20 enlargements for our displays. An image with fewer than 5.0 Megapixels may not be suitable for a high quality enlargement.
- All entries must be submitted online. Click here to submit entries.
All rights, including copyright rights, in the photographs are retained by the artist, however, by completing the online form and submitting it, the artist grants John F. Kennedy University non-exclusive rights for royalty-free use, including the creation and use of derivative works, in displays and in print and electronic publications. The artist will be credited in displays and publications as appropriate.
Model Release Policy
Entrants should be respectful of and sensitive to the privacy of human subjects. Winning photographs which include people must provide signed "Model Release Forms."
Entries will be judged on artistic expressiveness, creativity, and the quality of the image. Judges also reserve the right to consider geographic and thematic variety, as well as relevance to JFK University's mission and values, in selecting the winners. All decisions of the judges are final. The University reserves the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
All entries must be submitted online. Entrants must provide their name and contact information. For each photo submitted, the following must be provided:
- The title of the work
- When the photograph was taken (month, if known, and year
- Where the photograph was taken (city or region, and country)
Photos that do not meet the high resolution standards (300dpi, 5 megapixels) will be disqualified.
Winners may be contacted and asked for more information about the winning entries. Such additional background information might be incorporated into such things as contest displays and later publications.
Deadline for Submission: April 26. To enter click here.
Finalists Announced: May 15