Your previous college and work experience are valued at JFK University.
At JFK University, you may transfer of up to 105 quarter units (70 semester units) for a combination of:
- Work completed through a community or junior college or other two-year institution
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Advanced Placement
- Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES) Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) lower division
- Military service
- American Council on Education credit recommendations for lower-division credit
- Training as a registered nurse
A maximum of nine quarter units may be accepted in transfer for physical education courses and a maximum of six quarter units for cooperative work experience. DSST upper division credit is not included in the 105 quarter-unit maximum. Beyond the 105/70 unit maximum, subject credit may be granted, but not unit credit.
Lower- and upper-division courses that are completed with a grade of D or higher and meet the other standards of the University will be accepted for transfer credit. Only applicable upper-division courses completed with a grade of C or higher will be considered for transfer credit in the major, emphasis, specialization, track, or core requirements.
Credit is not allowed for continuing education courses, non-credit workshops, remedial or vocational courses, or for work completed at an institution whose accreditation is not recognized by the CHEA.
Transfer of Courses taken at California University or Community Colleges:
- Courses taken prior to fall 2007: Only courses bearing the UC designation are eligible for transfer. Other courses are considered for transfer on a case-by-case basis and may not be eligible for transfer even if they bear the CSU designation. Vocational courses are not eligible for transfer and neither are computer and technology courses.
- Courses taken in fall 2007 or after: Courses bearing either the UC or CSU designation are eligible for transfer, unless the course is determined to be vocational in nature, such as plumbing, HVAC, and automotive courses. Computer and technology courses are eligible for transfer. However, courses must also meet all other University requirements as stated in the University catalog.
For further information, contact our Office of Admissions at (800) 696-JFKU (5358) or email@example.com.