Instructional Designer position is available in the Office of Academic Initiatives, at John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill campus. This is a non-exempt, 40 hours per week, temporary position. Estimated duration of the assignment is approximately one year. Position reports to the Director of Online Learning.
The requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree in education/teaching, instructional design or educational technology is preferred.
- Ability to develop and monitor a work plan for institutional curriculum development and maintenance projects.
- Ability to manage all activities of project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
The Instructional Designer will oversee various components of development of online course/content development of academic courses. In addition, they will coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and course design teams to initiate development projects and collaborate with SME to ensure content is developed to University standards and designated course development rubrics.
The successful candidate must have:
- A proven track record of successful instruction in higher education in both online and onsite settings and ability to successfully supervise online course and content development including content, assessment, appropriate pedagogical strategies supporting successful online teaching and learning.
- 1 to 2 years’ higher education experience in instruction, leadership, curriculum development, research and assessment, and online pedagogy.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in development of eLearning materials.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both oral and written, along with ability to organize a multitude of tasks under time constraints.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume with salary history by fax to 925.969.3451, email to HRRecruiter@jfku.edu putting IDESIGN in the subject line (failure to put IDESIGN in the subject line may delay consideration of your application) or mail to:
Human Resources Department
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523