Department/Program: Office for Educational and Institutional Effectiveness
Location: Pleasant Hill
John F. Kennedy University’s Office for Educational and Institutional Effectiveness is seeking a Institutional Research Analyst at the Pleasant Hill campus. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. The position comes with benefits that include vacation and sick leave accruals, medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement eligibility and some tuition waiver benefits.
The Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for performing duties under the direction of the Director of the Office for Educational and Institutional Effectiveness (OEIE). The position designs and conducts research studies that facilitate John F. Kennedy University’s decision-making capacity and has primary responsibility for data collection and analysis; dissemination of internal and external reports as needed for implementing program, college, and departmental goals; tracking educational and institutional effectiveness; responding to accreditation requirements; and fulfilling state and federal reporting requirements. The position also is responsible for design, development, and implementation of qualitative studies of institutional significance.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities should include:
- Knowledge of word-processing and data analysis computer programs.
- Articulate and analytical with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving abilities as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of performing in a professional and friendly manner despite conditions of deadlines and pressure.
- Fully accustomed to working on multiple projects, both independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in the following software applications: SAS and SPSS; SPSS Text Analysis for Surveys; Microsoft Word; Excel; Access; PowerPoint; Publisher; Share Point; Outlook; and project/task management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Assists departments and programs in research-related efforts.
- Support training in research methods, data collection, and data analysis.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of constituents.
- Knowledge of qualitative content analytic techniques.
- Knowledge and expertise in a variety of data collection methodologies.
- The ability the present data in an easy-to-use format.
- Strong and successful background in report writing and presentation for informed, data-driven marketing and management decision-making and recommendations.
- Experience working with computer programmers.
Master’s degree in research methods, statistics, applied mathematics, data analysis or related field required; advanced degree or evidence of pursuit of advanced studies or degree in related field preferred. 2-4 years experience required, with survey development, data collection, statistical analysis, and data reporting; 5+ years preferred. Experience with statistical analysis techniques, database management and report writing and presentation is required.
The successful candidate will be a flexible individual who is able to work effectively with a diverse constituency.
Please send a cover letter and resume by fax to 925.969.3451, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with IRANLYST in the subject line (failure to have IRANLYST in the subject line may delay consideration of your application), or mail to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523