Department/Program: Office of Chief Financial Officer
Location: Pleasant Hill
John F. Kennedy University is looking for a stellar Executive Assistant to support our CFO, due to the retirement of the incumbent. The ideal candidate must be a consummate professional, well organized, detail oriented and enjoys the challenges of working with a variety of situations and circumstances in a deadline-driven environment.
- Provide support to the CFO and the finance team.
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Manage budgets.
- Manage calendars.
- Prepare and edit confidential reports and presentations.
- Update complex spreadsheets.
- Organize travel and arrange appointments and luncheon meetings.
- Complete expense reports.
- Respond to and distribute incoming communications.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects.
Skills and Abilities
- BS/BA required, preferably in Accounting, Economics or other Business major or minimum of four (4) years of executive experience supporting someone at the executive level.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative set and drive towards results.
- Diplomatic and professional with the ability to work with senior executives, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with professional contacts on behalf of the executives.
- Serve as brand representative for the University by representing it professionally in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Ability to remain proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Highly discrete and trustworthy with confidential information.
This exempt, full-time position offers a flexible benefit plan that includes but is not limited to, vacation and sick leave accruals, medical, dental, 403(b) retirement matching eligibility, and tuition waiver benefits.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send your cover letter and resume with salary history by fax to 925.969.3451, or email your resume to HRRecruiter@jfku.edu, including EXECUASSIST in the subject line. Failure to include EXECUASSIST in the subject line may delay consideration of your application. You may also mail your resume to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523