Desktop Support Technician
Location: Pleasant Hill
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for testing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing of all University computers and related peripherals. This position requires that the employee has a current Driver’s License. The hours are Wednesday through Saturday, 8:30am – 1:30pm. This is a part time, non-benefited position.
This position’s duties include:
- Install, configure, maintain and repair University computer hardware, software, and related peripherals.
- Provide technical support and training to staff, faculty, and students.
- Support and delivery of audiovisual equipment.
- Answer department phone and log tickets, attempting to troubleshoot basic issues. Coordinates audiovisual equipment reservations.
- Occaisional travel to other sites around the Bay Area.
Salary: $15.00 - $15.50/hr
Education: One year formal education in information systems, computer science, related field or equivalent related experience.
Experience: Prior experience supporting a diverse computer environment preferred. Prior experience in a fast-pasted business environment with responsibility for projects from implementation to maintenance preferred. Significant experience with computer/network hardware and software systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Software installation and configuration protocols for a variety of operating systems including all current Microsoft operating systems
- Experience with hardware configuration and registry editing
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems using vendor documentation, Internet searches, and intuition
- Familiarity with audiovisual equipment typically used in a classroom environment
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to HRRecruiter@jfku.edu putting DESKTOP in the subject line, by fax to 925.969.3451, or mail to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523