Administrative Assistant I
Department/Program: Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership
Location: Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership (IEL) Facility, 2151 Salvio Street, Suite 350, Concord, CA
John F Kennedy University’s Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership is looking to add a member to its team. We are looking for a creative, self starter with lots of enthusiasm for working in a small start up environment for this entrepreneurial program.
This is a great opportunity for a student interested in becoming an entrepreneur, working with small business owners and learning from experienced mentors. Experience managing reception and front desk duties and multiple administrative tasks is necessary. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Represents the program by welcoming visitors and providing entrepreneurial students with basic office support, answering questions and meeting requests.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, mentoring sessions and events
- Updates and enters data into salesforce.com
- Assist with organizing the business plan competition applications and events
- Assist with planning and organizing of special events and seminars held at IEL
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations as requested.
- Up to 20 hours per week, flexible, based upon student schedule and IEL event needs.
Skills/Qualifications: Basic MS Office skills, Scheduling, Public Speaking, Self-Confidence, Client Relationships, Written Communication, Promoting Process Improvement, Decision Making, Administrative Writing Skills.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume with salary history to HRRecruiter@jfku.edu putting AAIEL in the subject line, by fax to 925.969.3451, or mail to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523