John F. Kennedy University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Accreditation entitles the University to participate in federal student financial aid programs. The University is approved for veterans’ training.
Students and graduates of the University are accepted by other colleges and universities upon transfer. In addition, many businesses, government agencies, industries, and other employers recognize the value of advanced study at the University and approve reimbursement to their employees for all or a portion of their tuition costs.
Interested parties may contact WASC at:
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
The College of Law is accredited by The Committee of Bar Examiners of
the State Bar of California. This accreditation permits graduates from John F. Kennedy University College of Law to take the California Bar Examination upon graduation and, when the graduate passes and complies with all other admission requirements, to practice law in state and federal courts in California.
Study at, or graduation from, this law school may not qualify a student to take the bar examination or be admitted to practice law in jurisdictions other than California. A student who intends to seek admission to practice law outside of California should contact the admitting authority in that jurisdiction for information regarding its education and admission requirements.
The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979 / E-mail: email@example.com
John F. Kennedy University has received special accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the College of Undergraduate Studies
- Master of Business Administration in the College of Graduate and Professional Studies with specializations in Leadership and Entrepreneurial Leadership
The Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies and Paralegal Certificate programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
JFK University Continuing Education (CE) is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) to provide continuing education for MFTs and LCSWs (provider #PCE 3555).
- The California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) to provide continuing education for registered nurses (provider #02354).
- The California Foundation for the Advancement of Addiction Professionals (CFAAP/CAADAC) (provider #4-C-95-322-1109).
- The State Bar of California to provide minimum continuing legal education (MCLE) for attorneys (provider #9067).